I got into a minor car accident yesterday. Ironically, I ended up KNOWING the driver that I hit (of course...that's just my luck). I've been in several car accidents in the past, each one more traumatizing than words can express, but this was the first where I was at fault. It not only shook me up, but also flooded thoughts of my own inadequacies and failures. There was a baby in the other car, and to think that I could've hurt it, was devastating to me. THANKFULLY, no one in my car or the other car was injured. But I quickly began a downward spiral as I thought back on how many times I've messed things up and made stupid, careless mistakes.
The good news, is that God has blessed me w/ an amazing family to support me through the tough days and pick me up when I fall. They were able to talk some sense in me and I realized that i) I should be thankful to God that no one got hurt ii) I should see this as a learning opportunity to be more vigilant when driving iii) I should be humbled, but not destroyed, by this simple mistake as it reminds me of my humanness but also the GRACE that God provides to compensate for our imperfections.
I have a long way to go but I'm learning day by day to let go of the things that take hold of me...
Warm blessings,
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment