Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Children are a BLESSING

This is a pic of my NEW cousin, who has been officially adopted by my Auntie April and Uncle Gary (my dad's sister's family). They are in China RIGHT NOW about to take him back home to Unionville. He's only 7-years-old and has probably experienced more than some people do in a lifetime. Even though, sadly, I've been estranged from my dad's side of the family for a couple of years now due to a complexity of built up issues, I feel that the Lord has been really pulling at my heart strings through hearing about my aunt's adoption and watching videos of my new cousin. There's just something so special about children that really points to God and His love for us. I truly believe children are a blessing from God as they shed so much joy in the world. Perhaps it will be this child that helps break down the walls built up around my heart keeping me guarded from my relationship with my dad & his side of the family. Even though they've hurt me so deeply, I can't help but have a longing in my heart to meet my new cousin and shower him with the love and compassion that comes from Christ.   

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. - Psalm 127:3

PS. All this discussion about kids is making me miss teacher's college...The kids I taught brought SO much joy unto my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment