After getting through many years of my life (high school & undergrad) without getting severely sick, it seems odd that since I started my Master's program in Sept '09, I've been struck with swine flu, pneumonia, and now, food poisoning. All three of these illnesses took a brutal toll on me and left me feeling like I was hit by a train (thankfully, my recent bout with food poisoning was short-lived, and I'm now beginning to be back on my feet).
Nevertheless, I think I've learned a great lesson from these (literally) weak points in my life. I think it's God's continual reminder to me that He is in control and that I need to rely on Him to be my strength. Too often I get caught up in the busyness of life. As many of you know, I'm quite active and live an extremely busy lifestyle, resulting in sleep debt and physical wear&tear. I see these weak moments as an opportunity to regain back strength, both physically and spiritually, and regain my focus and energy.
This all reminds me of one of my favourite Bible verses, 2 Corinthians 12:10 :)... "For when I am weak, then I am strong"
God bless you all

No comments:
Post a Comment