Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Exalt Thee

A couple of things...

1. TANZANIA. If anyone would like to know how God led me towards committing to Tanzania, I have a really wonderful story behind how I heard His calling for this specific endeavour (it's quite a long story, but an empowering one nevertheless, so ask me if you're interested). God used people, prayer and circumstances to make it quite clear to me that this was His provision. He was even able to soften the heart of my thesis supervisor, who at first was not willing to let me go on the trip. And, He helped me quickly obtain participants for my research thesis, which was originally another hurdle I had to get through before committing to this trip. There have been so many hoops I've had to jump through and continue to jump through, but through all of this, I've really seen God working in miraculous ways.

2. THE BRIDGE. The Bridge is the new church family that I've decided to be part of. Choosing a new church was a massive decision for me, considering that I went to the JGCT for my entire life up until now. And even though I've parted from the JGCT, in my heart it'll always be my home. However, God has opened a new door and led me towards something really special, which is the Bridge. I spent all of the autumn and winter months looking for a new church, not knowing that the whole time it was right in front of me. The way God led me towards the Bridge is another interesting story, and again all of the glory points to God, as He so gently but steadily pushed me towards being a part of this new church family. The retreat I attended last month really solidified my decision, and I couldn't be happier. As I look deeper into the ministry opportunities offered at the Bridge, I look forward to seeing which areas God leads me to become involved in.

3. BSF=Bible Study Fellowship. It was difficult to make a decision between the Bayview Glen Young Adults group and the BSF group as they are both on Monday nights and they focus on totally different aspects of faith (the former is more fellowship/camaraderie based, the latter is more biblical based). This is another long story of how God led me to a decision, and it's one that still blows my mind. But God whispered and then shouted His provision for me to be part of the BSF group. And as each day passes, it's becoming more and more clear of why He wanted me to be part of this group. Studying the book of Phillipians has already opened my eyes to some spiritual insights that have shaken my core and really made me re-think about how I live out my Christian faith. I highly encourage EVERYONE to take part in a BSF program as it will not only solidify and strengthen your biblical knowledge, but will also provide you a context and way of synthesizing scripture in manner that will change your entire outlook on life, love and intimacy with Christ. 
To my beloved readers: I know He has started a good work in you; which means He will continue to complete this work in you for the rest of your time here, making sure to mold you and shape you so that you may impact the world by producing fruit and stirring the hearts of people you encounter.    

Blessings,
Matt 

No comments:

Post a Comment