Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time for Africa!!!

It's crazy when you wait sooo long for something and then just like that, it finally comes. Classes are done. Exams are done. The fundraiser is done (& went AMAZING by the way). Packing is almost done. And now it's TIME TO LEAVE FOR TANZANIA! It feels surreal to think that tomorrow I will be on a plane en route to Africa, a place that I've always felt a longing for ever since I was young. 

I remember when I was in high school and went on my first medical/evangelical mission trip to Peru (a trip that changed my life forever), I thought that the next developing nation I felt my heart being pulled towards was somewhere in Africa. Little did I know God would make me wait almost 8 years before He'd lead me towards FINALLY getting to the area that I've been yearning to go to for so long. My prayer for when I'm there is that God will break my heart for what breaks His, so that I may be able to recognize and advocate for the needs of the people there. Obviously, I also pray that I will have a rich learning experience and dynamic clinical placement, and hope that I will be able to make tangible changes in people's lives. 

I have so much more to say, but I need to get some sleep before doing some last minute packing. I will continue to keep you all updated on my crazy African journey. 

Thank you for all those who've been supporting me along the way...your prayers, support and love has meant the world to me. 

Alright... here we go.... I'm ready!!!

Matt 

Here I am, Lord.
Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night?
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment